VCC Disaster Ready Management Vacancy
The Vanuatu Christian Council (VCC) is seeking a DISASTER READY PROJECT MANAGER for the DISASTER READY PROGRAM. This is a full-time position, due to start April 2018 to June 2019 for an initial 14 -months contract with possibility of extension.
We are seeking a candidate with experience and necessary skills to manage all 4 components of project implementation:
1. Strategic Asset Management
2. Evacuation Centre Management Training Development and delivery
3. Psychosocial training development and delivery
4. Theology of disaster risk management
The Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading the implementation of the 3 projects; including a detailed implementation plan.
- Monitoring implementation of Strategic Asset Management deliverables.
- Leading the recruitment process for the Evacuation Centre Management and Psychosocial support Officers.
- Coordinating the activities of the document review consultant and the Monitoring and Training Officer.
- Guiding and capacity building any needs of the Evacuation Centre Management and Psychosocial support officers.
- As needed, lead consultation meeting with stakeholders to trial resources.
- Attend coordination meetings with other Disaster Ready Partners (Led by CARE).
- Support development and implementation of M+E framework for project.
- Monitoring budget vs. expenditure.
- Preparing reports for donors.
- Participate in working groups as a representative of VCC as appropriate.
- Other duties as specified by supervisor.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Core values align with VCC and AfP policies.
- A degree in a relevant field and or at least 5 years’ experience in Disaster Risk Reduction or general community development projects.
- Experience managing a disaster response highly desired.
- Experience or qualification in project and team management.
- Report writing skills.
- An understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to challenges and multiple project needs.
- Time management skills.
- Experience with cash handling in the field.
For more information regarding the role please contact the VCC Administration on Mobile No: 7364175/5748821
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter that addresses the essential selection criteria as outlined above to the VCC General Secretary, Ps Shem Tema, Office (ex-Murray Youth Hostel opposite APTC) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm Friday 6TH April, 2018