Vanuatu Green Climate Fund Coordinator
Vanuatu Green Climate Fund (GCF) Readiness Program
GCF National Climate Finance Coordinator
Vanuatu will soon implement its Green Climate Fund (GCF) Readiness Program including preparatory activities to enhance country ownership and access. Vanuatu’s GCF Readiness funding will support and cross-cutting programme as part of an ongoing process to strengthen national engagement with the Fund. The program will work under the oversight of the National Advisory Board on Climate Change & Disaster Risk Reduction (NAB) Ministry of Climate Change & Ministry of Finance as well as local and regional development partners including GIZ, SPREP, SPC and the Forum Secretariat.
1. Support the Strengthening of the NDA – The Coordinator will build the capacity of Vanuatu’s GCF Nationally Designated Authority to effectively accelerate Vanuatu’s engagement with the Green Climate Fund and grow this relationship over the long term.
2. Oversee the Vanuatu GCF Readiness Program – The Local coordinator will manage the GCF Readiness program and work alongside GIZ to identify and manage expert consultants, design and lead activities, co-facilitate, monitor and report on the successful implementation of the program.
Essential Minimum Qualification & Experience
- Advanced university degree in environmental fields, Environmental Economics, Business Administration or similar field.
- At least 5-8 years of relevant experience in development work, including previous management experience, preferably with experience in any of the GCF focal areas
- Experience in staff supervision and management
- Ability to prepare and implement annual workplans, including strategic and/or innovative initiatives to be undertaken/explored, and set delivery and financing targets;
- Capacity to set annual performance parameters and learning objectives for the NAB Climate Finance Taskforce, assess their performance and provide feedback;
- Experience in multi-partner coordination
November 2016 – 31 June 2018
Send CV and Letter of Interest (highlighting compatibility with minimum qualifications) to: email@example.com no later than 24 October 2016