World Vision Health Technical Advisor & Social Work Technical Advisor for Christian Communities
World Vision Vanuatu is a development organization that works to transform communities. Over the past 33 years - working to the development priorities of the Vanuatu Government - World Vision Vanuatu has worked in partnership with communities to deliver critical services in health, education, humanitarian emergency, water and sanitation, gender, and rural livelihoods. At the heart of our approach is ensuring that the services we deliver are relevant, cost-effective and make a lasting difference.
World Vision Vanuatu is moving towards an integrated programming approach which aims to provide holistic training and service delivery to the communities whom we serve. In order to achieve this goal and ensure technical excellence in all programming, we are recruiting two technical sector advisors.
We are recruiting for 2 positions:
• Health (including WASH) Technical Advisor – 2 year contract
• Social Work Technical Advisor for Christian Communities - 2 year contract
To request a full job description and salary range, email Alice Smith-Hinge at Job_WVV@wvi.org These roles will be based in World Vision Office in Port Vila. Applications for these positions close Friday, 16 September 2016 (4pm).
In line with WV Vanuatu’s For Children, For Change, For Life (4C4C4L) objectives, the purpose of these positions are to:
- Lead the integration of technical excellence in sector programming for all areas in which WV works, including regular monitoring of program technical quality and provision of operational support.
- Represent WVV in high-level meetings related to the technical sector of expertise, including at International, National, Provincial and community levels.
- Take the lead in drafting project reports, baselines and evaluations for both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that the high technical quality implemented on the ground is well documented and accessible to all partners.
The ideal candidate should have: a) Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the relevant technical field b) Experience in managing projects, including monitoring and evaluation c) Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks; d) Able to work gracefully under pressure and in situations of uncertainty; e) Excellent verbal communication and relational skills in both English and Bislama; f) Excellent written communication in English (university level or above).
Ni-Vanuatu nationals, women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply. Only those candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to Alice Smith-Hinge at Job_WVV@wvi.org; post it to World Vision C/o Alice Smith-Hinge, PO Box 247, Port Vila; or drop your application at the World Vision Office at Saralana Park next to the National Archives.