Opportunity for Youth in SIDS to Attend International Civil Society Week in Fiji
For the first time, Fiji is hosting the International Civil Society Week (ICSW) co-organized by CIVICUS and PIANGO. ICSW is a key global gathering for civil society and other stakeholders to engage constructively in finding common solutions to global challenges. One day before, Monday 4 December, international and local youth delegates committed to social and climate justice will be gathering in the Youth Assembly for a full day of enriching discussions, workshops and artivism under the theme “Our Planet. Our Struggles. Our Future”.
Deadline: 1 September 2017
- 10 grants of 2.500 Euro
- 4 grants of 5.000 Euro
- 2 grants of 7.000 Euro
- Candidates should be young people who work or are affiliated with environmental CSO’s in developing countries and emerging economies.
- Candidates should have shown potential for and interest in further developing their leadership.
- Candidates should be individuals under 35 years of age.
- Candidates should have proof of an excellent track record in: fully embracing the idea of sustainable development with a focus on ecological sustainability; being committed to working for the CSO sector; showing potential and ambition towards becoming a leader in his/her field of work, such as being inspirational to others, working with communities, etc.
- Self-nominations are not accepted by JWH Initiative.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the nomination form via given website and submit the required documents:
- A completed nomination form
- A copy of the candidate’s CV
- A recent digital picture of the candidate that clearly shows the face (front view)
For more information, please visit JWH Initiative Grants.