Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor.
About the position
The Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre is seeking an advisor to provide support for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning. Specifically, the Climate Centre provides technical support to the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and its partners; this position will focus on ensuring quality and impact of the technical support provided by the Climate Centre, as well as providing support to partners to develop climate-smart MEAL strategies in their programming. Focus areas include monitoring project progression, evaluating project results and shaping future programs through evidence based decisionmaking. Some examples of programming include Partners for Resilience and Forecast-based Financing.
The position is for a one-year contract, 80-100% full-time employment, with possibility of extension.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders across many disciplines, will be up-to-date on tracking innovations in the M&E sector and will approach challenges with energy and enthusiasm. The candidate should have experience facilitating learning and dialogue among diverse groups, as well as experience generating M&E frameworks for complex and/or unusual ways of working.
- Design and implement operational arrangements for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data climate smart programming
- Discuss with Climate Centre staff and relevant project partners to identify metrics and goals for success, as well as periodically review these agreed-upon metrics. The metrics and goals should include both process and outcomes.
- Work with the team to design or modify monitoring and evaluation instruments that are both quantitative and qualitative to asses these metrics of success. This can include pre/post tests, surveys, satellite data, social media monitoring, interview guides, and focus group protocols. Explore opportunities for use of technology in M&E (e.g. mobile data collection or feedback systems)
- Facilitate the integration of these instruments and protocols into Climate Centre work and programming, coordinating activities to support the team and its partners to gather, process and share cohesive and high quality information.
- Develop and implement a methodology for analyzing this information and data o Support to project and communication teams to enable effective use of findings in the formulation of policy, training or communication materials.
- Information gathered should include at least smart-phone shots and brief journalisticstyle interviews with Red Cross Red Crescent volunteers and staff and programme beneficiaries as appropriate (including full name, age, children, livelihood, etc.), intended to highlight any positive impacts a programme may have had, like this, for example.
- Prepare innovative reports for external use, including summaries for reporting as well as external communications. Liaise closely with communications personnel of the Climate Centre on this.
- Prepare reports and briefing sessions for internal use, to provide ongoing feedback to team members on the impact of their work.
- Encourage evidence-based decision-making within the Climate Centre and within its programming, to use the evaluation results to better accomplish our objectives
We are looking for a candidate who is creative, results-oriented, and works well with little guidance.
• A track record of taking initiative
• Excellent planning/organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous critical tasks
• Demonstrated success in collaborative projects
• Relevant experience in the field, preferably at least 5-7 years previous experience working on monitoring, evaluation, and learning
• Relevant experience in adapting established methodologies for use in the field
• Experience in outcome level M&E methodology
• Experience/familiarity with the humanitarian sector and/or international development
• Experience evaluating training and capacity building interventions, and/or experience in evaluation in the climate field
• Ability to process and present information in creative ways to generate appropriate formats for different audiences (data visualization)
• Excellent written/spoken English. Additional UN languages are an added advantage.
• Proficiency in statistical analysis software; knowledge of R is an added advantage.
Compensation will be competitive, in line with the salary scales of the country in which the applicant is based. The Climate Centre is a virtual team and this will be a virtually based position. Candidates do not need to reside in the Netherlands to be eligible to apply.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and CV by September 23rd to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the name of the position clearly in the subject line.