2 Provincial Recovery and Reconstruction Officers- Vanuatu (Vanuatu Nationals Only)
Consultancy Title: 2 Provincial Recovery and Reconstruction Officers- Vanuatu (Vanuatu Nationals Only)
Project Name: Pacific Risk Resilience Programme - Vanuatu
Period of assignment: Six (6) Months
Duty Station: Shefa (x1) and Tafea (x1)
Consultancy Proposal should be mailed to Ms. Janet Jack, C/Vanuatu Meteorological and Geo-Hazards Department, Private Mail Bag 9054, Port Vila, Vanuatu or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com no later than COB 17th July, 2015 clearly stating the title of consultancy applied for. Any proposals received after this date/time will not be accepted. Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to the address or e-mail indicated above. UNDP will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants. Incomplete, late and joint proposals will not be considered and only offers for which there is further interest will be contacted.
- The successful incumbent must have minimum secondary level qualifications and relevant experience in coordinating development and / or post-disaster plans.
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in humanitarian contexts, preferably Vanuatu or in the Pacific;
- Significant experience working in a project management and coordination role;
- In depth knowledge of disaster risk management (DRM) and ability to provide high level advice;
- Knowledge and experience of gender dimensions relating to post-disaster contexts;
- Experience in designing and managing evaluative/learning events and processes; and
- Fluency in English and Bislama (written and oral) is essential.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English and Bislama; and
- Analytical skills and communications abilities;
- Ability to forster partnerships and build working relationships
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
Offerors must send the following documents.
- Signed P11 form including names of at least 2 referees
ii) Completed template for confirmation of Interest and Submission of Financial Proposal
(Financial Proposal which includes breakdown of professional fees. Travel expenses to and from home and duty station (economy class) plus living expenses at the duty station and any other miscellaneous cost that may be incurred during the duration of the consultancy, if applicable.)
The P11 form and Template for confirmation of interest and Submission of Financial Proposal is available under the procurement section of UNDP Fiji website (www.fj.undp.org)