Displacement Policy Drafting Process
The Ministry of Climate Change and Adaptation is aiming to conduct a workshop to engage the stakeholders in the Displacement Policy Drafting Process. The planned date is 27 March from 9.am to 4.30am, Venue of the workshop is Shefa Provincial Government Conference Room. A detailed agenda with a formal invite will follow in coming days, at this stage through VHT we would like to have VHT partners informed for their time management and planning purpose. The given below will help partners to understand the scope of the workshop.
- Introduce the objectives of developing a national policy framework to address displacement in Vanuatu
- Workshop the scope of the policy and refine objectives
- Present early components of a national framework for action, based on initial interviews and community consultations
- Seek advice and input from stakeholders regarding priorities to be addressed by the policy and considerations for implementation from different sector perspectives
- Identify areas where the policy may be duplicating existing initiatives and seek to reduce duplication, so the policy is alignment and complements existing initiatives
- Identify challenges at an inter-ministerial level and sub-national level and discuss potential solutions (primarily relating to coordination, institutional arrangements, and logistics)
- Explore policy implications of recommendations at national, provincial and local levels, including governance and resources
- Identify potential areas for Standard Operational Procedures to be developed to provide practical guidance and address identified gaps
For any question or for further information please do not hesitate to contact National Focal Point for the Displacement Policy Project Mr. Shadrack Welegtabit, Director NDMO at email@example.com and IOM’s Masood Akhtar, CCCM Program and Displacement Policy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.